Incubate Your Next Creative Project Distraction-Free!
Spend 5 Days “Living Inside a Hug”
Connect and Share with Other Open-Hearted Creators
In an Atmosphere of Safety and FUN!
Imagine yourself in a beautiful, serene setting, with a big work table, lots of light and uninterrupted time to create.
Doesn’t it sound wonderful?
No phones to answer. No laundry. No cooking (because delicious meals are prepared for you!)
Just time and space and a congenial group of kindred spirits creating right alongside you in companionable silence.
Uninterrupted time to create.
Imagine what you could do:
- paint, draw, collage
- finally work on your novel or memoir
- plan out your business strategy for next quarter
- write that e-book you’ve been thinking about for ages
- design the course you’ve been wanting to teach
It’s totally up to you!
At home, despite the best of intentions, the little slings and arrows of daily life just always seem to get in your way.
And it can be so damn lonely doing your creating all alone all the time.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to feel part of a larger creative community, to surf on the buzz of energy that happens when a dozen people are all together in a room, immersed in their own creative process?
To have a tribe of big-hearted people to compare notes with over lunch, or share stories with on a walk around the duck pond, or brainstorm and laugh with over a glass of wine before the fire in the evening?
Wouldn’t you love to recharge your commitment to your creative spirit? To fill your tank with a reserve of energy to propel you through the year?
And wouldn’t it be great to do all of this in a cozy, beautiful setting, with support, guidance, and just the right amount of structure from someone you trust?
Join me for 5 Days and 4 nights,
September 13-17, 2017
from 3:30pm on Wednesday until 3:00pm on Sunday.
Where: St. Francis Retreat, San Juan Bautista, California
40 miles South of San Jose
Bring a ready spirit and open mind on retreat with me and here’s what you can expect:
- You’ll get stuff done – go home with: pages written, artwork created, ideas and plans mapped out
- You’ll feel a deeper connection with your creative self and your authentic voice
- You’ll learn new tips and tools for maintaining your creative flow when you go home
- You’ll discover a new sense of belonging to a tribe of amazing, generous, open-hearted creatives – like you!
- You’ll have fun and laugh – a lot!
Why Retreat with Me?
That’s me, Melissa Dinwiddie, artist & creativity instigator, owner of the blog Living A Creative Life.
I’ve taught creative arts for groups and conferences across the US since 1997. I’m on a mission to empower people to feed (and find!) their creative hungers, and designing and building environments that are conducive to maximum creativity is one of my superpowers.
I wasn’t always a creative goddess, though. For years I neglected my creative self. “If only I had time to create!” was my constant lament.
And once a year, I did — at the annual retreat put on by my calligraphy guild.
Those precious days once a year were the only time I created just for me.
That retreat became an island of time in which my starved creative spirit got refueled and rejuvenated.
Even now, when I make time to create almost every day, I never miss that retreat!
I’ve learned that there’s nothing like full immersion to fill my well. I’ve learned that I need it. We all do.
That’s why, as I started growing my business empowering others to follow their own creative callings, it was so important to me to host my own retreats! I wanted to create the kind of retreat environment that I would want for myself: warm, nourishing, generous, safe, and FUN!
This will be an intimate group: depending on the work room I’m able to reserve, I will accept up to 10 people, max. (And 7 of those spots are already reserved by returning alums.)
The retreat includes:
- Lots of uninterrupted time to create and play on whatever project you want
- Dedicated space at a work table in a bright, airy room, where you’ll be free to paint, write, draw, collage, plan, or any other (quiet) creating you want!
- Tons of painting & collage supplies, for those who just want to show up — no pre-determined project or preparation required!
- Lodging in cozy dorm-style rooms or cottages with shared bathrooms
- Delicious meals (3 dinners, 3 lunches, 3 breakfasts — wheat-free and vegetarian options available!)
- Creative Catalyzing sessions with Melissa, to tame your gremlins and get your creative taps in the “on” position
- Time and space to roam, hike, explore, or just enjoy the California sunshine
What to Bring
All bedding and towels are provided, so you’ll only need to bring your clothes and personal effects, and any materials you want to work with in our workspace.
Don’t have a project? Guess what: I’ve got you covered! I’ll supply lots of paint, paper, collage supplies, brushes and palettes for anyone who doesn’t want to think, plan or prepare, and just wants to play with color all weekend!
In addition, I recommend:
- writing tools (notebook/journal and pens, and/or a laptop computer, if you like)
- material/supplies for any project you wish to work on
- comfortable clothes for temperatures typically ranging from the high 70s and low 50s (check the weather before you leave!)
- an apron or smock if you want to make a mess!
- loose clothing for movement activities and optional yoga
- comfortable, sturdy shoes if you wish to hike
- a camera
- earphones for your phone or iPod if you want to listen to music while you work
- a book to read
- a flashlight
- any work or projects you wish to share
- a generous spirit and a curious, open mind
St. Francis Retreat in San Juan Bautista is about an hour from San Jose International Airport (SJC) (90 minutes in traffic), and easily accessible by shuttle. You may also wish to rent a car and take advantage of nearby destinations such as the beach communities of Monterey, Santa Cruz, Carmel by the Sea, or Big Sur — all of which are within easy driving distance. San Francisco is about 2 1/2 hours away, and the famous California Wine Country is also only about 3 hours away.
Due to the fact that I’m on the hook to pay for the spots I’ve reserved, whether people show up or not, all sales are final, and refunds are only available if the retreat is full and I’m able to fill your spot. If you must cancel, and only if the retreat is filled to capacity from a waiting list, I’ll send a refund of everything you paid, less a $50 processing fee.
Choose from one of the options below to reserve your spot now:
Single Payment Options
Quantity Discount: Purchase 2 single-payment spots at the same time — one for you, and one for a spouse/partner/friend — and you each save an additional $25! (I’ll send a refund for the $25 to each of you.)
Note: the retreat size will be capped at 10 people, max.
(And 7 of those spots are already reserved by returning alums.)
Installment Payment Options
Installment payment options available through July 1, 2017 only.
Have questions? Use my contact form, shoot me an email at hello (at) melissadinwiddie (dot) com, or phone me at 866-538-8268 (yes, seriously — I’d be happy to answer your questions over the phone!)
Let’s make 2017 your year to get seriously playful. This retreat is going to be an amazing weekend. I look forward to having you there!