It’s another live “Ask Me Anything” call! This one is the second half of a live call I held on May 7, 2015. As usual, I covered a variety of topics.
From Karen: How to create when dealing with grief?
- The amount of time it takes you to heal is totally individual.
- Self-compassion is key (remember my Golden Formula: Self-awareness + self-compassion = the key to everything good.”).
- Pay attention to and honor your desires.
- But understand that your desires may be really disconnected from what you want at the core.
Additional note: I was reminded after the live call that grief support groups can be enormously healing. You may wish to seek one out.
From Janice: How to keep creating when your family doesn’t value what you do?
- The thing that you have control over is being really clear about what is important for you.
- It starts with you valuing what you do, and then communicating that.
- If your loved one doesn’t see the financial value of your work, to increase your pricing, you need to value your work first!
- It’s not about how good you think your work is, it’s about how good your collectors think your work is, and that’s about your branding, your positioning, and your pricing.
- Learning to value your work takes conscious effort over time.
From Liana: How did you learn all the techie stuff you do?
- One step at a time!
- I asked myself what I needed, then learned the one thing that would allow me to do that one thing.
From Richelle: I’m pigeonholed as a jewelry designer, but want to be more of an artist. Should I push through to live my multi-passionate dream?
- Get really clear on what, specifically, does that dream entail.
- Then you can start to figure out how to incorporate them into your life.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
My resources page.
My blog post on how to live the life of your dreams right now, “9 Steps to Living a More Abundant Life Right Now.”
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Live Creative Now on Tunes! Ratings and reviews make a big difference in how the show is ranked, and that makes a big difference in helping other people find it, and that helps grow the Creative Uprising!
So you can be an important part of this movement simply by leaving a review.
Plus, if you have a question about living a creative life that you’d like me to address, type it into your review and you may just hear it featured on a future episode! (Yep, to incentivize you to leave a review, I prioritize questions that are left inside reviews. )
If you’d also like your voice to be heard on the show, leave your question as a voice message right here.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Now go get creating!
PS — Pssst! Know someone who might benefit from seeing this today? Pass it on!