Macy Harjot Matarazzo, AKA Reverend Lunchlady, is a Love Coach, Spiritual Teacher & Unicorn Wrangler. A first-time bride at 43 with over 25 years collecting failed relationships, devastating heartbreaks, & dateless holiday parties before she finally found the formula which broke the painful cycle! Now she devotes her life to helping other women stop the madness and draw in a meaningful love. She brings her clients a magical combination of transformational change methodology, Kundalini yoga & creative exploration to help women find their unicorn.
We talked about the playful path to love and dating over 40.
In this episode we talked about:
- The formula that finally broke the painful cycle of heartbreak for Macy
- The wake-up call that caused her to change her perspective on dating and being herself in a relationship
- When she met her beloved husband & how she felt when she first met him
- The qualities that are truly important and why your “deal breakers” could be keeping you from seeing your beloved
- How important it is to know what you like & don’t like
- Macy’s approach to working with women & the three stages of her work
- How Macy incorporates community into her services
Mentioned In This Episode
The Four Man Plan by Cindy Lu (aff link; or click here for a non-aff link)
Melissa’s Something Cool: Roomba robot vacuum, & paying extra to buy from Hammacher-Schlemmer for a lifetime guarantee
Macy’s Something Cool: using Mala beads as a practice and specifically her own Malas with “you go girl” beads throughout
Connect with Macy
Website | Instagram | Linkedin | Facebook
“It came to the point where I realized I absolutely had to do something different because what I had been doing for so long just continued to leave me feeling heartbroken and miserable.” – Macy Matarazzo
“Either I am going to make myself like being single and collect more chihuahuas and adorable kitties and let that be my life or figure it out.” – Macy Matarazzo
“The formula ended up being getting some support to figure out where I was hiding, in a way.” – Macy Matarazzo
“I had fallen in love with what I wanted him to be and he had fallen in love with he wanted me to be and we were not those people.” – Melissa Dinwiddie
“He didn’t look like what I thought I was looking for.” – Melissa Dinwiddie
“I thought nobody is going to want me and I’m going to have to pretend that I care about biking.” – Macy Matarazzo
“You can’t call in the right person for you if you don’t even know what you like and who you are.” – Melissa Dinwiddie
“I started collecting these failed relationships and it influenced how I responded in the next relationships. I was afraid to do this or afraid to do that or avoiding this or avoiding that. I was actually getting further away from my truth of who I was because I was reacting to all of the stories to all of the history.” – Macy Matarazzo
“There’s never going to be a happy ending to a miserable journey.” – Macy Matarazzo
“I find creative ways to help people come back to themselves.” – Macy Matarazzo
Has the Creative Sandbox Way™ podcast made a difference in your life? Would you like to be featured on the podcast?
I love sharing listener stories, so if you have a story of how listening to the podcast has changed your life for the better in some way — big or small — I want to feature you in a Listener Spotlight.
Here’s how it works:
1. Just log into iTunes and leave a rating and review. (If you don’t know how to do that, you’ll find step-by-step instructions at melissadinwiddie.com/itunes-review).
2. Then copy and paste what you wrote in your review into an email, and send it to me, along with why you want to be featured in a Listener Spotlight, and how the podcast has made a difference in your life. You can email me at melissadinwiddie.com/contact.
If I pick you for a Listener Spotlight, we’ll have a relaxed, fun conversation, and the recording of our conversation will be part of a future episode! How cool is that?
Want a creative kick start?
Check out my book!
What would change for you if you could totally revel in the joy of creating? You CAN, with The Creative Sandbox Way!
- Melissa’s 10 fool-proof guideposts that have helped thousands get joyfully creating.
- 5 reasons why creative play is good for you, AND for the world (it’s neuroscience, baby!)
- Why “I’m not creative” is always a lie, and how to bust it.
- How to turn creative blocks into friends.
AND you’ll get creating right in the book itself.
“It’s one part field guide, one part creative practice—and I loved it. The Creative Sandbox Way™ is an adventure packaged as a book.”
NYT best-selling author of The Happiness of Pursuit and The $100 Startup
Hear ye, hear ye! This is to serve as official notice that all links to anything for sale, be it books or courses, are likely to be affiliate links. What this means is that if you click through said links and make a purchase, although it won’t affect the price that you pay, a few coins will jangle into my coffers, enabling me to buy a packet of hard gluten-free biscuits to feed myself and my husband for another day, or perhaps a pen with which to create some artwork. Or perhaps they will contribute toward paying a fraction of my web hosting bill, so that this blog and podcast can continue to exist. Thank you kindly for your attention.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Creative Sandbox Way™ on Tunes!
If you’d also like your voice to be heard on the show, leave your question as a voice message right here.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Subscribe in iTunes | Subscribe via Stitcher
Now go get creating!
PS — Pssst! Know someone who might benefit from seeing this today? Pass it on!
Subscribe to My Newsletter and Get My Manifesto!
Leave a Reply