I’m pulling back the curtain and turning the tables on the podcast, featuring two parts of an interview with… me!
Last week I shared Part 1 of my really intense interview with Story Whisperer Daphne Cohn, originally published on The Creativity Habit™. (Check out the beautiful page Daphne made for the episode on her podcast here.)
If you haven’t heard Part 1 yet, you might want to do that now, because this episode picks up where Part 1 left off.
Meanwhile, I wanted to let you know that I’m going on vacation — I’m headed to Paris for 2 weeks, and Basel, Switzerland for a few days after that, and in the interest of self-compassion, rather than knocking myself out to record extra episodes for the weeks while I’m away, during those weeks I’ll be sharing some episodes from the archive that feel especially yummy for August and early September.
Something Cool is also on vacation, and will return after I get back.
I also wanted to let you know that my Creative Sandbox Retreat, my annual 5-day creativity retreat, is coming up, September 12-16, and there are still a few spots available, so if you’d like to spend 5 days inside a hug, go to creativesandboxretreat.com. That’s creativesandboxretreat.com.
And with that, have a wonderful few weeks, and enjoy this peek behind the curtain with me and Daphne!
Some of the things we talked about in this part of the interview included:
- getting dumped
- money, money, money, and burying my head in the sand about it
- realizing I’d been making excuses about my art for over a decade!
- doing commissions vs. selling prints, and building a business that I thought was going to be the answer… but that actually sucked me dry
- my new life, my new business, and the number one thing every artist must hold on to
(Something Cool is on a hiatus. I’m off to Europe on 8/17, and in the interest of self-compassion, rather than knocking myself to record extra episodes between now and when I leave, during the weeks that I’m away I will be sharing some episodes from the archive that feel especially yummy for August and early September. I’ll be back with new Something Cools after I return!)
Has the Creative Sandbox Way™ podcast made a difference in your life? Would you like to be featured on the podcast?
I love sharing listener stories, so if you have a story of how listening to the podcast has changed your life for the better in some way — big or small — I want to feature you in a Listener Spotlight.
Here’s how it works:
1. Just log into iTunes and leave a rating and review. (If you don’t know how to do that, you’ll find step-by-step instructions at creativesandboxway.com/itunes-review).
2. Then copy and paste what you wrote in your review into an email, and send it to me, along with why you want to be featured in a Listener Spotlight, and how the podcast has made a difference in your life. You can email me at creativesandboxway.com/contact.
If I pick you for a Listener Spotlight, we’ll have a relaxed, fun conversation, and the recording of our conversation will be part of a future episode! How cool is that?
Want a creative kick start?
Check out my book!
What would change for you if you could totally revel in the joy of creating? You CAN, with The Creative Sandbox Way!
- Melissa’s 10 fool-proof guideposts that have helped thousands get joyfully creating.
- 5 reasons why creative play is good for you, AND for the world (it’s neuroscience, baby!)
- Why “I’m not creative” is always a lie, and how to bust it.
- How to turn creative blocks into friends.
AND you’ll get creating right in the book itself.
“It’s one part field guide, one part creative practice—and I loved it. The Creative Sandbox Way is an adventure packaged as a book.”
NYT best-selling author of The Happiness of Pursuit and The $100 Startup
Hear ye, hear ye! This is to serve as official notice that all links to anything for sale, be it books or courses, are likely to be affiliate links. What this means is that if you click through said links and make a purchase, although it won’t affect the price that you pay, a few coins will jangle into my coffers, enabling me to buy a packet of hard gluten-free biscuits to feed myself and my husband for another day, or perhaps a pen with which to create some artwork. Or perhaps they will contribute toward paying a fraction of my web hosting bill, so that this blog and podcast can continue to exist. Thank you kindly for your attention.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Creative Sandbox Way™ on Tunes!
If you’d also like your voice to be heard on the show, leave your question as a voice message right here.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Subscribe in iTunes | Subscribe via Stitcher
Now go get creating!
PS — Pssst! Know someone who might benefit from seeing this today? Pass it on!
Leave a Reply