Mike Ganino is a culture + storytelling expert who helps executives, teams, and thought leaders communicate, connect, and engage. He is the author of Company Culture for Dummies and has been named a Top 30 Culture Speaker by Global Guru.
Organizations love Mike’s high energy, high engaging workshops and keynotes that fire them up to rewrite the stories happening in their culture. They leave with real-life strategies they can begin implementing immediately for improved culture that drives employee and customer experience.
In this episode we talked about:
- Mike’s recognition on Global Gurus
- How Mike became an expert on culture & his book, Company Culture for Dummies
- Mike’s thesis on culture coming down to relationships and communication
- Company leaders setting the tone for company culture
- Stories that live within organizations and their impact on culture
- How Mike utilizes improv within his consulting with businesses
- Who hires Mike
- His career background — how he went from a dishwasher and trainer
- Mike’s favorite stories of bringing improv into his work
- Mike & Melissa’s something cool
Mentioned In This Episode:
Company Culture for Dummies, by Mike Ganino (aff link; or click here for a non-aff link)
Training to Imagine: Practical Improvisational Theatre Techniques for Trainers and Managers to Enhance Creativity, Teamwork, Leadership, and Learning, by Kat Koppett (aff link; or click here for non-aff link)
Episode 135: Kat Koppett – “Improv is the Gym for Life”
Applied Improvisation Network Conference
Mike’s Something Cool: The ONE Protein Bar (aff link; or click here for a non-aff link)
Melissa’s Something Cool: GorillaPod for Smartphones (aff link; or click here for a non-aff link)
Connect with Mike Ganino:
Website | Instagram | LinkedIn | Twitter
“Culture is driven by leaders but it’s also driven by the people inside of the restaurant.” – Mike Ganino
“It all comes down to relationships and communication.” – Mike Ganino
“Even a relationship and the way we communicate with ourselves impacts culture.” – Mike Ganino
“My golden formula is self awareness + self compassion = the key to everything good.” – Melissa Dinwiddie
“Stories are ultimately what culture is. I think experiences lead to stories, stories collected, curated, and shared over time start to create culture.” – Mike Ganino
“Customer experience is an inside job, it starts with the culture of your team.” – Mike Ganino
“We’re always communicating. We can’t not communicate. It’s impossible.” – Mike Ganino
Has the Creative Sandbox Way™ podcast made a difference in your life? Would you like to be featured on the podcast?
I love sharing listener stories, so if you have a story of how listening to the podcast has changed your life for the better in some way — big or small — I want to feature you in a Listener Spotlight.
Here’s how it works:
1. Just log into iTunes and leave a rating and review. (If you don’t know how to do that, you’ll find step-by-step instructions at creativesandboxway.com/itunes-review).
2. Then copy and paste what you wrote in your review into an email, and send it to me, along with why you want to be featured in a Listener Spotlight, and how the podcast has made a difference in your life. You can email me at creativesandboxway.com/contact.
If I pick you for a Listener Spotlight, we’ll have a relaxed, fun conversation, and the recording of our conversation will be part of a future episode! How cool is that?
Want a creative kick start?
Check out my book!
What would change for you if you could totally revel in the joy of creating? You CAN, with The Creative Sandbox Way!
- Melissa’s 10 fool-proof guideposts that have helped thousands get joyfully creating.
- 5 reasons why creative play is good for you, AND for the world (it’s neuroscience, baby!)
- Why “I’m not creative” is always a lie, and how to bust it.
- How to turn creative blocks into friends.
AND you’ll get creating right in the book itself.
“It’s one part field guide, one part creative practice—and I loved it. The Creative Sandbox Way is an adventure packaged as a book.”
NYT best-selling author of The Happiness of Pursuit and The $100 Startup
Hear ye, hear ye! This is to serve as official notice that all links to anything for sale, be it books or courses, are likely to be affiliate links. What this means is that if you click through said links and make a purchase, although it won’t affect the price that you pay, a few coins will jangle into my coffers, enabling me to buy a packet of hard gluten-free biscuits to feed myself and my husband for another day, or perhaps a pen with which to create some artwork. Or perhaps they will contribute toward paying a fraction of my web hosting bill, so that this blog and podcast can continue to exist. Thank you kindly for your attention.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Creative Sandbox Way™ on Tunes!
If you’d also like your voice to be heard on the show, leave your question as a voice message right here.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Subscribe in iTunes | Subscribe via Stitcher
Now go get creating!
PS — Pssst! Know someone who might benefit from seeing this today? Pass it on!
Subscribe to My Newsletter and Get My Manifesto!
Leave a Reply