Finally, just in time for Thanksgiving, I bring you the latest update on the Thriving Artists Project! Hooray hooray!
Much to be thankful for, indeed.
Yes, the Thriving Artists Project is pre-launching.
Basically, all that is just a fancy way of saying that I’m gonna start letting people buy it. Like, next week, in conjunction with the end of Customer Love.
But only people who are signed up on the Ground Floor Inner Circle advance notice list.
I’ll give my Ground Floor Inner Circle subscribers first dibs to try it out, and it will be their feedback that I incorporate into the official launch (in January… I think.)
Ground Floor Inner Circle subscribers (you know who you are!) will get to work out the kinks and help me make the Thriving Artists Project even better, and in exchange you’ll get ridiculously low pricing, plus the opportunity to participate in an exclusive, free webinar where I’ll do my best to answer any questions you have.
Want to learn more? Check out the brand-spankin’ new Thriving Artists Project website!
And now, a moment to say Thank you!
Thank you to all of the Ground Floor Inner Circle advance notification peeps who took the time to answer the survey I sent out a coupla weeks back. You ROCK!
Here are the results:
You said you wanted:
- Inspiration, support, encouragement
- Stories/a behind-the-scenes view of actual thriving artists
- Business fundamentals/practical steps/info for how to set up a business
- Resources for ways to sell art
- Resources for how to gain patrons/clients/customers
- Connections with other artists who are challenging the starving artist’s mindset
..and the interviews cover all of these things, and more.
You asked for the following to be included with the course:
- Notes with highlights of the interviews – 70%
- Follow-up inspirational emails – 60%
- One-on-one mentoring sessions – 50%
- Transcripts of the interviews – 30%
- Tutorials on creating your own website or blog – 30%
- Follow-up inspirational videos – 30%
- Group mentoring phone calls – 30%
- A user forum – 20%
For the pre-launch, I will be including annotated indexes of each interview, follow-up emails (in fact, the interviews themselves will be delivered, via a web link, 3 per week over a 5-week period), and an exclusive free webinar to answer your questions. Pre-launch buyers will also have access to special pricing on one-on-one mentoring sessions, to help you get unstuck and charging forward after your evolving Bliss. You can pick my brain about anything you like (from WordPress tutorials, to social media, to color theory, to the meaning of life [yeah, I know it]), or get my laser-sharp creative thinking focused on something you need help with.
Transcripts, video tutorials and a user forum might be down the road, but given limited resources of time and energy, I had to pick and choose what to focus on first.
You asked for interviews with specific thriving artists, some of whom I knew of already, and some of whom I didn’t (so THANK YOU for turning me onto them!) Of the people you recommended, some never replied to my query, and one was only interested in my “reach” (which was apparently not up to his standards, because he never got back to me).
However, I was able to score interviews with:
- Flora Bowley, painter (what a blast that interview was!)
- Carol Marine, painter (ditto!)
- John T. Unger, artist/designer/metal worker/digital guru <-my label (his interview was so fun we couldn’t stop talking, and it went on for an hour and half! Oops… And btw, the deal he made with me was that he’d be a guest for the Thriving Artists Project, if I would be a guest on his Art Heroes Radio. Score!)
Add these to the existing list of interviews with cool thrivers:
- Aimee Golant, metal artist
- Anna Kuperberg, photographer
- Chris Guillebeau, writer/traveler/fighter of the status quo (and owner of The Art of Non-Conformity)
- Cosy Sheridan, singer/songwriter
- Deborah “DJ” Hamouris, musician & teacher (who figured out how to make a full-time living from her music in her 50s!)
- Michael Nobbs, artist/blogger
- Phil Johnson, comedian/musician
- Verity Price, singer/songwriter
- Will Edwards, singer/songwriter/web designer
Plus bonus interviews with:
- Kirsty M. Hall, artist & purveyor of mad, obsessive projects
- Fiona Purdy, equine & animal artist
- Tim Sweeney, independent music marketing guru
That’s fifteen interviews, plus a number of additional interviews and bonus tracks that simply haven’t been scheduled yet. (In other words, stay tuned! And whenever you buy in, you’ll have access to all content, old and new.)
You asked to pay $97 for the course…
And because I like to make you happy, that’s the price the course will start off at when it’s officially launched. (Since I’ll be adding additional content over time, I expect the price to go up over time too.) However, for the pre-launch only, I will be offering a steep discount.
But again, that’s only for Ground Floor Inner Circle advance notice subscribers.
I’ll send notice to everyone who’s on the list, with details about the pre-launch—when, where and how much.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving, shine your light, and onward ho!